This year Thanksgiving was great. It was our year at my parent's. And since both of our parents live within 30 miles of each other, we make an appearance at both homes. Dinner was great! The table setting was gorgeous...but you wouldn't expect anything less than that from my mother! She made each of us a gratitude journal to write down things that we're thankful for. Such a great idea! After an amazing turkey dinner and some pie we played some pool and ping pong, finished watching the Cowboys game (GO COWBOYS!), watched the kids play in my parents new spa and just hung out and enjoyed each others company. After we finished at my parent's house, we headed up to good ole' American Fork to go to a movie with Ryan's family. Some of us went to see New Moon, Blindside, 2012, and Blindside. I saw New Moon and I LOVED it! Yes, it was cheesy but oh. my. goodness! I want them to change the story and have Bella choose Jacob. Anyway...back to Thanksgiving...it was great! I have SO much to be thankful for. I am most grateful for my wonderful and loving husband Ryan. He is SO good to me and I love him more each day. I definitely married up!
Okay, now on to Black Friday. We shopped. All. Day. Long. We were up at 4:00 and met Ryan's family at 4:30 at WalMart in American Fork. I was there in all the madness when the siren went off. It went off early, and there was a manager running around telling everyone that it was just warning and to stop putting things in their cart...did they listen? NO! And I have to say I kind of got caught up in the madness and started throwing random crap in my cart. Whenever I saw only a few of a certain toy left, I grabbed one. :) Needless to say, the nieces and nephew's presents are all taken care of. After WalMart we went to Rod Works, Best Buy, Home Depot, Smith's Marketplace, Recreation Outlet, ShopKo, Target and then on to the mall. We literally shopped until we dropped! We finished around 2 pm after which I literally collapsed on a bed at Ryan's grandma's. This was my first real black Friday experience and while standing in line at WalMart I swore I'd NEVER do this again...but I really did have fun and Ryan's family is quite fun to shop with...they're so hard core! My kind of shoppers!
S
4 am! Rise and shine...it's shopping time!
November 2019
6 years ago












1 comments:
Well you guys look great for being up so early! I totally forgot to give Zach a check for that stuff! Sorry...I can run by your house today. And did you get that jewelry holder at Rod Works?!
Post a Comment