This year we spent the fourth of July with my family at a cabin in Timberlakes in Heber. It was TONS of fun! The cabin was GORGEOUS and I would LOVE to steal ALL of their decorating ideas. The beds were SO comfy and they even had nice and soft toilet paper! (That's a REAL important one!) Here's a quick rundown of the weekend:
We got to the cabin Thursday night and hung out and played games and watched a movie.
Friday Ryan and I cooked breakfast for everyone. We all had turns at cooking meals. We cooked breakfast tacos....YUM!
Then I went on a walk with Brooke and Tj up around the area by our cabin. There were some pretty good hills! Just next to our cabin there was this lake....I stopped and took a quick picture. Isn't this gorgeous?!

Then we hung out for a bit and headed to Park City to hit the outlets. I must say I was a little disappointed. They didn't really have much.
Later that night we had our annual talent show. (This is really only the second year, and we're all trying to convice my mom that we should have the Weber Olympics since we're all athletic and NOT musically talented). Ryan and I again teamed up with Brooke and TJ to do a hula/booty shake show. It was funny, but didn't compare to last year's Richard Slimmons workout routine.


The group. Don't we totally look official?!
Ryan gave lei's to the little kids.
And then the booty dance to Destiny Child's "Bootilicious."
Mom and dad did a lip synch to "Leader of the Pack." It was pretty cute and involved all the grandkids.
Melissa and Joe did a cute skit with their family and Dan and Christy had us play a fun game. Overall, it turned out ok this year. :)


My mom brought crafts for the kids to do. We stole some of them.
Saturday was the fourth, as you all know. Ryan and I DID have matching shirts. It's a tradition in HIS family. We went to Heber and then Midway, but neither city was really doing anything fun, so we went to Park City and rode the Alpine Slide. It was fun. I'll for SURE have to do the zipline sometime. We spent the rest of the day on 4 wheelers and playing games.
I have THE cutest nieces.
Brecken's hair freakin' cracked me up every morning.

Sunday we packed up all our crap, said our goodbyes to the BEST CABIN EVER and headed back home. It was a great fourth!























1 comments:
Kim...great pics! It was a fun weekend with the family! Once again, you & Ryan, Brooke & TJ out did yourselves with your hula show! And Brecken's hair was the best!! I am already thinking about next year up there!! Maybe we should go for Christmas too! I sure love my family!!!!!
mom
Post a Comment