Today I ran the Salt Lake City half marathon and it's definitely got me pumped up to run another one! That is, as soon as I can walk again. The course was awesome and I LOVED how it wound through neighborhoods. I wasn't too sure I'd like this because I was afraid I'd get bored, but there were SO many people just sitting out on their lawns with bells and music playing loud and cheering all the runners on. There was even one house that had a sign that said "get bacon here!" There were little kids handing out bacon to the runners. This made me smile. I passed this older man that was pushing what looked like his handicapped son in something that looked like a jogger stroller and honestly I started to cry. Maybe it was a little because my legs were in pain too. :) Overall, I was happy with my time considering I had to stop to wait in line for the porta potties twice (which took a while!) since there wasn't anywhere else to go. And I did make one stupid mistake. I always buy running shoes and then put extra inserts in them to make the cushion last longer. Me, thinking I was being smart, got another pair of inserts to put on top of the ones I already had in my shoes thinking I'd make them 'extra' cushy. Boy was I wrong! After about two miles me heel kept rubbing against my shoe. I stopped to take a look and I had already rubbed a hole in my sock and my heel was all bloody. I took out those extra inserts and tossed 'em! After that I was fine. Ryan, my sister Brooke, and my Dad were all there to greet me at the finish line. Seeing them there felt so great! The best part of the race is at the finish line where they have all the great food! I stuffed my face with Creamies and bread and cookies from Great Harvest. I needed to make up for my calorie deficit.
I got a good date of this thing too! The night before Ryan and I went up and stayed in a hotel. We checked in and then walked around down town, around Temple Square and then we went to PF Changs for dinner. YUM! Probably not the BEST choice the night before a race, but it was dang good.
November 2019
6 years ago












3 comments:
WAY TO GO! I'm so proud of you....what a great accomplishment. I need to get my butt into gear to do some 5k's!
WA-HOO! You are awesome! Crossing the finish line looked fun, I would have totally joined for the last 100 yards! ;)
You are amzaing! I feel bad for your feet though! When are we gonna play??? Love ya!
Post a Comment