CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Break Projects!

I have WAY too many projects that I want to get done. And my problem is that once I finish something, I want to re-do it! So one of the MANY projects on my list included painting some pieces of furniture a nice color to add some pop to my home decor.  When I first started decorating I loved the color red.  Everything I bought was red....now I want some color and variety.  Anyway...I had most of this past week off due to spring break.  Yes, I'm stoked that I still benefit from this as an adult and I'm not in school. :)  I filled my time with sanding, priming, sanding again, painting, sanding, painting again, and then sanding again this:
 Notice the ugly hardware and the hideous color.  DEFINITELY needed an update.
 Same thing can be said about this thing.  We use this thing to hold our DVD's. We have LOTS! It only holds about half.
 After the sanding. 
 LOVE the blue color! I always go to Finders Keepers in AF and want everything in that store.  Just go in there and you'll be inspired to paint.
 After I finished painting, I sanded the edges to give it the distressed look.
I primed and painted the hardware. All finished.  It looks better in person. :)
 See? I told you we had a lot of DVD's! This is just the top half and then there's more in the white buffet next to it!
 Do you see my red pillows?
 I made slip covers with some super cute fabric my mom got me while she was in Texas.  I LIKE!

Until my next project....I have several planned. My husband thinks I'm crazy. Maybe, I am...Until we have kids this keeps me busy!

1 comments:

The Welsh's said...

Turned out SO cute! And cute slip covers, very impressed Kimmie! I'll be hiring you to do this all for me!