CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Re-do Project!

I have been searching for the PERFECT dresser for baby boy's room.  I wanted a long dresser so I can use it as a changing table and for clothing storage since both Ryan and I take up both of our closets :)  I have been looking on KSL religiously and missed out on a few great deals, but a few Saturdays ago I was laying in bed looking on the internet and found this guy! $45, solid, and not a single thing wrong with it! Can you say STEAL?!!!   Honestly, you have to look at furniture and think 'potential.'  A few years ago I wouldn't have even given this dresser a second look.  So my mom and dad helped me pick it up in their truck and then my mom and I spent one day sanding/priming/sanding/painting/sanding/painting/distressing.  It had some cool hardware but it was just an ugly gold color, so we spray painted those with Rustoleum Hammered in brown.  I am SO happy with how it turned out!  The dresser looks almost white, but it's really a very light gray/blue.  LOVE it! It'll match my baby bedding (which my amazing mother is making for me!) Can't wait to get it in my nursery!  Oh, and did I mention the whole project cost me $67?


 I don't really have a 'before' picture.  This is after I took all the drawers out and sanded.


This is while lying it on it's back so I could sand the edges.  I'll post a pic once I've got it all set up in my nursery.

1 comments:

Kelly and Lindsay said...

You are amazing! Have so much fun with the baby preps, its just the best time ever! Missed you at Girls Night Out this month. Hopefully your feelin better!