CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lately

We're finishing up the second trimester people!  Holy crap time is starting to fly!  Here's the latest prego picture at 27 weeks. I thought I needed to be better about documenting things since I've heard it just gets worse as each child is born.
 Bump is definitely bigger!  I can't imagine how big I'll be by the time he actually makes his debut.
 We've been looking for a glider for a while and couldn't really find one that we both liked that wasn't $400.  Ryan wanted something with a higher back so he could be able to lay his head back and fall asleep comfortably while rocking the baby.  I'll make sure he uses this thing plenty!!! :) So my mom found us a really nice, solid glider that Ry fit perfectly, but it needed a change.  Here are the before pictures.

 
I finally bought a sander to use on my re-do projects.  I'd used my mom's before but we wanted our own.
 After I sanded this sucker, I used spray primer.  It was the easiest to get into all the nooks and crannies.  I started taking the chair apart but honestly it was a pain so I just left it put together and sprayed away.
All primed.
The finished paint job.  I did end up using spray paint.  I tried it with a brush at first but the streaking was too bad.  I sanded it and then finished it off with a wax.
Here's the adorable bedding my mom made. Ryan even helped pick out the fabric.
 It's starting to look like a baby could live here. :)
 K, so we have this great painted glider but what about cushions?  The glider didn't have any when we bought it.  So, we hit up the DI and found a similar glider that was literally falling apart and bought the chair and cushions, but just took the cushions and re-donated the chair.  Ugly, right?
 So I got out my seam ripper and took apart the covers. I really just wanted the foam, I went to a fabric store and this foam would have cost me around $80 for both the back and bottom.  I got them for $15.  We've tested them out and they are still in excellent condition and super comfy! And don't worry, I spent a lot of time cleaning and sanitizing.The marks on the bottom cushion were created during the sanitizing process.

Here's my pattern. I'm still waiting for the fabric that I ordered to arrive, so once I get those puppies covered, I'll post a final pic.

Now onto more news, Halloween came and gone.  This year we just spent the night at home and handed out candy to the trick-or-treaters that came.  Last year we didn't really have any since we live in a condo and it was pretty crappy weather, but this year we had a pretty decent turn out.  Ryan went and bought full size candy bars from Costco and we handed those out. We just barely had enough.  So the following picture is Ryan dressed up in his Halloween costume for work.  His group at work dressed up as Warren Jeffs and his polygamist wives.  Ryan was a wife.  Creepy, huh?  I only have a picture of his group on my phone, but it was pretty funny.  One skinny guy in an orange jump suit  in handcuffs surrounded by three women.  All of the men dressed up as women were about Ryan's size.  Hey, they won best costume.
 

Here's my costume. I made it with freezer paper and fabric paint. I found these iron-on decals but couldn't bring myself to pay $20 just for the decal, so I improvised. It turned out pretty cute.

 Just some fun pics Ryan and I took at one of those photo booths in the mall yesterday.  We were laughing so hard the entire time we took these.  We took them to send to his sister Lindsay who is serving a mission in Honduras, just so she knows what we still look like. :)

1 comments:

Ian and Kristin said...

You really are very creative! His room is SO cute!