
This past week has been filled with lots of fun and exciting things. My beautiful cousin, Heather, joined me in the age 25 to 30 age category. We celebrated her birthday at Cafe Rio in Salt Lake. Ryan turned 31 last Thursday...OMG I can't believe I'm married to a 31-year-old! No, not really. I am so grateful to have married such a wonderful, sweet man. He really is the greatest thing that has EVER happened to me. We had fun celebrating his birthday. We went to breakfast AND dinner with the fam. His dad couldn't come to dinner because of parent-teacher conferences so we did breakfast at I-hop and then we went to Chuck-a-Rama for dinner. I know, I know...Chuck-a-Rama?!!! But I guess don't knock it til you try it. It has something everyone loves...even older women (Ry's g-ma and aunt) and young folks alike. Anyway...since Ryan wouldn't tell me what he wanted for his birthday (he kept telling me "new teeth!" since he has such crap load of dental work to be done...lucky for me I work for a dentist!) I got him some golf balls and gave him some money. I woke him up and sang him happy birthday and gave him his "cake" to blow out the candle. Since he doesn't like cake and is addicted to cookies...I figured one of those Grandma's Cookies with a butt-load of frosting on top would do the trick. I also made him a little something. I know it's lame...but I made him a "31 Things I heart about My Husband" cookie bouquet. Each candy bar had a piece of paper glued to it with something that I love about Ryan on it. He had fun reading what I love most about him. :)
Friday after I finished up at the office, we headed out to Mesquite for Ryan's softball tourney. I thought that I'd shop while he played...but unfortunately there is only a Super Walmart and a Dollar Tree located in that town. So I ended up watching most of his games, which I did really enjoy. It's so great to be able to see what Ryan loves doing most. AND he's really good at it! His team lost their second game Friday night and played a few games and lost in the afternoon on Saturday. The team he lost to ended up taking 3rd overall in the tourney, so not too shabby. We played as much as we could (yes, without gambling) and headed home Sunday to celebrate my nephew, Jackson's, 8th birthday! I cannot believe that he is EIGHT YEARS OLD! My, my how the time has flown by. We had cake and ice cream and we played dress up with the girls. Ainsley is so funny. She'll pose for a picture and then run over to see what it looks like. Brecken loves to dress up as "Rella"...that means Cinderella. She puts on the heels and the dress is a little long for her, so the end of the dress in under her shoes so she really ends up looking like a midget. It really is quite entertaining. I love playing with these girls and I LOVE that they're my cute nieces. I have a great husband,
great family...life doesn't get any better than that!
great family...life doesn't get any better than that!













3 comments:
I love the idea of the candy bar bouquet! I might have to steal that idea when my husband turns 31 in February!
How cute are you! I'd say you made Ryan's birthday very special. And Ainsley was cracking me up when she had to dance with everyone. It was SO cute! And how I love that midget Brecky
I also loved that bouquet Idea. After almost four years of marriage (which is nothing compared to other people) I already have a hard time being creative. Looks like tons of fun. I also love collecting wrappping paper so I will check out the All a Dollar. We should hang out for sure soon.
Post a Comment