CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 6, 2009

YUM!

So since Ryan and I have bought our own place and we've been eating out everyday for like the past two weeks and I'm SO SICK of fast food, I sat down last night and planned out our meals for this week. Yes, I know...this is a FIRST! I know I'm challenged when it comes to things in the kitchen. And then today I even went and bought the groceries for the meals this week. Tonight I made my first meal: cheddar, bacon, and avocado grilled sandwiches. I know it's not difficult (my kind of cookin'!) but it was SO good! Try it!

makes two sandwiches:
6 slices bacon
6 oz cheddar cheese, sliced
half avocado, sliced
1 tomato, sliced
bread

-cook the bacon in the oven on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 12 minutes, turning once. drain bacon on paper towel
-place half of cheese on bread slice, layer tomato, bacon, avocado, and place half of cheese on top
-grill sandwich on griddle or frying pan on medium heat, put butter on bread slices and cook til cheese is melted [careful when flipping that sandwich...mine fell apart several times :)]

I'm starting off easy this week...tomorrow night is Bajio Green Chile Salad! :)

0 comments: