CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My new addiciton!

Lately I've been feeling crafty. No idea why. I think mostly it's because I came upon this website UCreate. I LOVE these tutorials for things that I've seen selling for 30 to 40 dollars that I can EASILY make for less than 10 or 15 bucks! I just made this:

My sister bought this car seat cover at the Women's Expo for $35 and I thought I could freakin' make this! So I did. Of course I couldn't find the same fabric, but it still came out pretty cute. And no, I'm not baby hungry. I DO have a lot of prego friends, so I might be using them as gifts.

And then I made this just because I wanted to try.

And not to brag or anything, but mine actually is a lot cuter than this one. I added a pocket and I used four different funky colored fabrics.

I'm going to make these sometime soon:

These I've seen for sale at a kiosk in the mall...and they're SO easy. The tutorial is here.



Yes...it IS the hooter hider. :)
And today I just bought these clear tiles and brackets to make some fun and unique jewelry!
I'll let you know how they turn out.
Now all I need is my OWN sewing machine...but I do like traveling down to Spanish Fork to use my mom's...AND she helps me when I need it (and that's a LOT!)

4 comments:

Ian and Kristin said...

Too cute Kim! I would love to make stuff like that, but I'm just too lazy! :)

Streett's said...

Way to Go, I will have to give sewing a chance I guess, my Mom wanted to get me a sewing machine for Christmas and I said "no thanks, then I would have to use it", but you make it look fun!

Chanté said...

I am SOOOO impressed. OMG! I think I'm going to try too...I have a sewing machine I never use...so if you want to take it for a while you can! You just have to help me when I'm an idiot and can't figure this stuff out.

What's Cookin?? said...

You are amazing! That stuff is so cute! It's not even nice to say how 'easy' those things are to make...I can't even figure out the dang sewing machine, let alone make something with it! You and Brooke got all the brains! I so got jipped :)!