CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Deep in the Heart of Texas!

We're back from our wonderful trip to TEXAS! I was so excited to finally be able to show Ryan where I grew up and still consider home. I'll ALWAYS be a Texan at heart, whether or not I can convince my husband to move there. Warning: TONS of pictures follow!
Tomball, Texas is home to the world's largest shovel. This is me and Ryan with it.

Aren't the green trees just gorgeous?!
Once again, the biggest shovel.
My parents on the River Walk in San Antonio. We stayed in the Marriott RIGHT on the river. It was awesome...thanks Christy for the hook up!

The girls on the river walk.
We took a tour boat around the river. That was my favorite part of the whole trip. SO romantic and relaxing. PLUS it was great to learn all the history.

Me and Ryan on the river walk.
Pretty view.
Our trolley ride down to Market Square.

The whole gang in front of the Alamo.


My amazing parents.
The group outside the Alamo.
Ryan and me in front of the entrance to the gardens.
The ALAMO!
Outside in front of my parents house.
Gotta love me some BLUEBELL! BEST ice cream EVER! I ate some every night. :)

I finally got to go through the Houston temple. We did a session there.

Los Cucos. THE. BEST. TEX MEX. No question about it! Ryan is a convert.

In front of the restaurant.

Getting ready to eat some yummy food! And yes, it was 89 degrees and 100% humidity when we got there. Luckily, it cooled off the rest of the time we were there so we could enjoy it.


The plane ride...don't we look excited...or more like stoned? :) Ryan just woke up.

Till next time....or until we MOVE there! :)

3 comments:

Chanté said...

Looks like you guys had a fun and busy time! What a fun trip!

Brittany and Marcin said...

I got excited for every picture!! Your house, the shovel, LOS CUCOS!!!! You definitely showed Ryan all the highlights :). Marcin and I can't make a trip to Houston without Blue Bell, Los Cucos and Valley Ranch (of course). What a fun trip!

Kelly said...

You are so cute Kim! I love Blue Bell too. I'm going to Tennessee for Christmas and can't wait. I'll eat some ice cream in your honor. Too bad the trees won't be green in December :(.