CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 15, 2010

Keeping Myself Busy

I have had the last week off work so I've been working hard to keep myself busy! This is what I've been up to:

I made this little wall display in my guest bathroom. The bathroom is done in black and white damask. I had these frames and my mom got this amazing paper from the Nebo School District (still not sure how!). She got this 8 x 8 size that I used and then 12 x 12 for a buck for a huge box! I think there were 4 of each package in one box. We saw it at JoAnn's this past week for 1/4 of ONE of the packages for 20 bucks. My mom always gets THE best deals.
I recovered this lamp shade I got from the DI. I am going to add a little something around it, still working on that.
This is my small hutch I got off KSL for 50 bucks a few weeks ago. It was black and it had glass doors on it. My mom helped me paint it this awesome red color. I didn't do that this week, but I still had to put a picture of it up.

This is what I've been DYING to make! I HATE these vertical blinds with a passion. We don't actually have a sliding glass door behind it. I've looked into other options for blinds for the two windows and door that are behind those fugly things but everything was WAY too expensive. So my once again brilliant mother helped me make a cornice board. I was pretty happy with the end result. We made it out of insulation foam board, batting, some hot glue, and T-pins. My total cost for it was about 40 bucks.

I also painted a few accent walls just a few shades darker than what the rest of our sad house is painted and it looks a lot better. If you look closely, you can see the two different colors that meet in the corner behind the lamp. I ALSO repainted that little TV stand underneath that TV. As you can see, it's now black. It was a cute sage green color, but it didn't go with everything else.

Something else I worked on this week was mine and Ryan's Halloween costumes. We have our family Halloween party this weekend up at my grandparents farm in Layton. We're American Gladiators! Pictures will be uploaded this weekend. I know Ryan's not exactly looking forward to wearing his bedazzled costume, but he'll look pretty cute. :)

1 comments:

Ian and Kristin said...

Can I pay you to come do that to my house? You are So talented!!