CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

Independence Day!

I've always loved the fourth of July...especially when it falls on a Friday and gives you a FOUR day weekend like this year did! Ryan and I had a great fourth of July weekend. I ran a 10k down in Springville at 7 in the morning with a friend and then met up with Ryan and his family at the Provo City parade. I have to admit, I'm not really a parade person...too many people and screaming children. After battling the traffic to get home Ryan and I finished a much needed project...painting our bedroom. I know, what a fun fourth of July activity. It really does look great now. After finishing that up, we headed down to Spanish Fork to have some BBQ with my parents and the family that was in town. We went to that Hawaiian shaved ice stand on main street....SO GOOD! Those things are freaking' huge AND they put ice cream in the bottom of your cup! I might just have to drive down there whenever I get a craving. :) We had the BBQ with the family and then headed over to Brooke and Tj's place and then met up with some friends on Traverse Mountain, just above Cabela's, to watch the fireworks at Thanksgiving Point. It was such a great day! And about the matching t-shirts...all I can say is that I have the most adorable husband...it was HIS idea. :)

On my parent's porch. We're such dorks...I love it! :)


Just waiting for the fireworks up by Thanksgiving Point.

Me and Brooke.

3 comments:

Ian and Kristin said...

Sounds like fun! I love this holiday too, it's my favorite! It sounds like you had a great day, I saw that traffic around Thanksgiving Point, hopefully you weren't stuck in it!

Brittany and Marcin said...

what a fun 4th! I think the matching t-shirts are great! I tried to get Marcin to do it and he said no... boo.

Streett's said...

So cute! And what a fun day!
How are you girl, I miss you! I hear you are working one day a week, right? How is it?