CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

So long St. George...

It is with great regret that I have decided NOT to run the St. George Marathon this year. I mean, who wouldn't love to run for 4 straight hours with your knee throbbing, your feet burning and hurting with every step of the last 6 miles, and NUMB legs?! Plus, don't forget chugging a GU every 45 minutes to keep your energy up. Those things really are great, but they're really hard to stomach! But in all seriousness, I do wish I were running this race, and not JUST for the coveted t-shirt. I'm really just not hard core at the moment and really burnt out. So I'm sad to admit that I'm not running the race, but happy that I won't gain the training weight! (I'm trying to stay positive). Right now I've got one marathon under my belt and I've definitely got plenty of years of running ahead of me!

2 comments:

Ian and Kristin said...

Sorry to hear you aren't running. Maybe next year...and maybe I will join you! ;) So how is work and everything going for you?

Chanté said...

WOW! I'm so surprised you're not running it!
I wish I could even run a
5k...